Research Assistant/ Scientist- Molecular Biology
PairX Bio (“PairX”) is a Singapore-based biotech company developing cutting edge immunotherapies against novel cancer neoantigens derived from alternative mRNA splicing. The foundational technology was developed by PairX scientific co-founders Prof. David Epstein and Dr. Raymond Lee at DukeNUS Medical School.
PairX focuses on developing a therapeutic platform that identifies antigen and corresponding T-cell pairs from cancer patients for eventual therapeutic development. PairX has assembled a stellar scientific advisory board and is well-capitalized to develop first-in-class immunotherapies against cancer.
We are looking for a Research Scientist to join our highly exceptional and diverse scientific team in this exciting venture. An ideal candidate is one who is independent, technically competent, and able to work efficiently across multiple projects. Individuals with PhD and experience in Molecular Biology are preferred.
•· Perform independent research work through the design, execution and troubleshoot of experiments
· Manage studies performed by contract research organizations
· Evaluate and interpret collected data and prepare oral presentations or written reports/ scientific manuscripts/literature for publication. Present data from research work internally and externally
· Contribute to scientific and strategy discussions to achieve R&D milestones
· Maintain accurate and detailed documentation of research data, inventories, protocols, maintenance logs, sample processing logs, SOPs etc
· Lab management duties including procurement, maintaining equipment wellbeing by timely scheduling of maintenance/ servicing/ calibration
· Support the continued protection, creation, and expansion of company’s intellectual property.
· Perform other related duties incidental to the work described herein
· Bachelor degree with 3-4 years relevant experience or PhD
· Extensive experience in designing and generating genetic constructs for validation in immunological assays
· Experience in generating leukemia cell lines or PBMCs for expressing genetic constructs
· Ability to develop high throughput methodologies for genetic engineering and generation of cell lines
· Experience in library preparation from single cells is a bonus
· Able to work in a fast-paced startup environment
· Energetic, highly motivated, collaborative